To distract you while Ophelia receives her final touches...
Here are 10 Knitterly Things About Brigitte:
1. My mother taught me how to knit when I was 10 years old. My first project was a red garter stitch scarf.
2. My first "real" project was an off-white bulky sweater, which fit just fine, however I twisted ALL of the knit stitches.
3. 100% Cotton - bad. 100% Silk - ew. Actually, both make my hands swell. Not sure why...
4. If you can't take the time to write a clear, decent pattern, I will never take the time to work your designs again, no matter how nice or challenging they may be.
5. I'm self-taught when it comes to Fair Isle and cables.
6. I hardly ever swatch. It's hardly ever been an issue. The only times I wish I had is when I discover how much I dislike what I'm working on. One out of four projects will end up in the frog pond...
7. I fell for traditional knitting - traditional Arans - when I first set eyes on Alice Starmore's "Aran Knitting" in 1999. Instant Fair Isle love came with "The Celtic Collection" a bit later. I haven't looked back since.
8. I'm no "follower" when it comes to knitting "trends". I prefer the tried and true, as I'm a believer that knitting is an art form.
9. Although I'm not a happy shopper, I will go slightly mental and zone out when shopping for yarn. Lorraine and Anne can attest to that.
10. I can't remember the last time I sat on my antique rocking chair. Too crowded with WIP's...
Gandalf: "OK. I'm not gonna to say I'm completely guiltless in the Mulberry Affair, however, I'm so cute, even if caught red-handed I'd so cute you out, you'd forget what I did."
Atticus: "Man, that kid gets away with everything. Back when I was a kid, I used to get away with squat! Until Mae came to live with us, then I'd try to blame everything on her. But she was mighty cute too. As was I, come to think of it. I was smaller then, and svelter too. A little hellion really... *sigh* I do like my kibble... Oh, am I rambling...? Right. Where were we?"
Next post: Ophelia!