Yikes! I look WIPED. OUT. (As opposed to WIP'ed out, hee hee).
What It Is: Central Park Hoodie, from "Knitscene" - Fall 2006
The Details: I used some "Kilcarra" Donegal Tweed from my stash, on 5mm needles, and obtained the specified tension. If I had to do it again, I'd have either gone down a size (I made the 40"), or used a smaller needle. It's a tad big, but then again, it's a cardigan! And I love it! It has rope cables along the seams, and up the middle of the back, and up the front next to the buttonband that continue along the hood border.
PITA Factor: None really. It knit up quickly, it took me about 3 weeks to complete comfortably.
I've been mainly concentrating on Amphora, and I'm just a few rows away from the neckline. But, I'm feeling like I may start up the last Dalarna sleeve soon! Soon! And Marina - I've even resurrected Western Seas, and have done around 12 rows. I'm still on the back section, above the arms. It is tough going, the VY Scottish Fleet gansey yarn is not the easiest to work with. But, I will try my best to work on it at least one night a week. Thanks everyone for your encouraging words re. my messed up Dalarna sleeve (still can't reply to e-mails - so if you're newish to the blog, leave me your e-mail address!). It's definitely NOT something I can get away with "ignoring"... *sigh*
And I've been tagged by Marji - 5 things about me that I've not mentioned on my blog!
1. I make my own yogourt. Always. Using 2% organic milk, a good quality starter, the light in my oven, and 20 - 24 hours. Once you try it - you'll never go back!
2. I have a tattoo on my right arm. One day I'll show it (and it's not knitting related either). Oh, and I have another one. OK, maybe 2 others... Moving on.
3. I lived for 2 years in Vienna, Austria in the late '80's. It still has a very special place in my heart, and I do plan on going back for a visit one day. I've travelled quite a bit - most of Europe, Israel, Egypt, and my favourite place in the entire world - Morocco. I would go back in a heartbeat. It has all the history I love, the Atlantic ocean on one side, the mountains to another, the Sahara desert, Roman ruins, and the kindest, most generous people.
4. I have no allergies. Not to dust, pollen, animal dander, flowers, bees, or anything of the like. Only to food, but even those have been classified as "sensitivites". I got a wee bit hammered at work once because I took the specified dose of Benadryl (as indicated on the box!) for some mosquito bites. I had NEVER taken Benadryl before in my life, and it hit me like a ton of bricks! Oooo, that was a dandy day... Oh, and I've also never had the flu before in my life. Ever. (Knock wood.)
5. I'm a complete geek when it comes to history and natural history. Complete. Nerd. The only magazine I subscribe to is National Geographic, and I read it cover to cover, and I always learn so much. In high school, I excelled in geography and history, because I just thought it was so fascinating and, well, cool. And of course, the history of the people behind it.
You know, there's probably more, but that's it! For now anyway.
"Hee hee, Mom doesn't know I rolled all over the Hoodie when she wasn't looking! And if she did suspect something, I'd have blamed it on my little brother Gandalf."