Sunday, February 28, 2010

This Is What Happens

When you don't pay attention to what you're throwing in the washing machine.

Very bad things.

I don't know how this one got past me. But it did.

"...I wonder if that would fit me..."

It's been another busy week here. Not so much work, but at home too. Malcolm seems to have recovered nicely from his surgery, although he did have a bit of a stomach thing last week - much to the delight of the paper towel people. Now. Not to jinx anything but a surgery bonus? He no longer seems interested in playing with doo-doo.

I've only been waiting 3 months for him to grow out of that most annoying habit.

"I'm a slow learner, Atticus. But I now realize that playing with poop is really gross."

"...uh huh..."

"Not to mention Mom really didn't like it."

"...uh huh..."

"Instead, I'm on the hunt for something new! Snowflakes! If it's the last thing I do, I will catch some. I mean, how hard can it be?"

"...*sigh*..."

We have had quite a bit of mixed weather here this past week. Snow, rain, snow, rain, then a lot of snow, then freezing rain, now a thaw, and more snow this up coming week. I have no issues with the snow, or the cold for that matter - it's the temperatures hovering at freezing level that I have an issue with (listening, Mother Nature??). The dampness aggravates my arthritic knees, and makes me feel sluggish. And this has been a very damp winter.

I know. Bitch bitch bitch. I'll stop now.

Good news! I did finish up Sapporo's motif!

Bad news! I now have 4" of plain stocking stitch to do in order to complete the body!

YAY.

I'll be happy when it's done. What more can I say.

"Good thing you dusted yesterday, seeing how there are shiny things in this picture."

I'm hoping this week will be more productive knit-ways. I have, as always, quite a bit on the go.

Sapporo
Dunadd (which is a really fascinating piece)
Princess Line (she hasn't been abandoned)
Norfolk (what?!! Did I start that?!!) I am obsessed with using up my navy blue Scottish Fleet that is still in my stash after frogging Western Seas. Don't hold your breath on this one though. I have about 8" of plain stocking stitch on 2.5mm needles. This may take awhile.
Fulmar (which I did fix, and it wasn't as painful as I anticipated. Restarting those 30+ rows was though...)
Delores (not forgotten...)
and Stealth Project Shhhh.

I don't think I forgot anything. Oh, right! Socks. Remember when I found one sock, knit up but without a mate? Well, I did knit the second one. And for some reason, it feels much more snug on my foot than the original one. So, note to self. Don't abandon socks. Because you'll just forget what size needles you used. Either that, or what I think are my current 2.5mm really aren't. Well. That's why they're socks. They go on your feet, and so what if one is higher than the other?

Yeah. They're in the laundry bin right now, so no. No picture.

I might (I said *maybe*...) be inclined to show you Stealth Picture Shhhh next week. The only reason it's been named "Stealth Project Shhhh" is because I started it after the Knit a Norwegian KAL started, and you know. I really should just have been working on the KAL project...and not something new...

OK then! Have a great week everyone!

13 comments:

Lorraine said...

Bridge- I know how Malcolm feels- but I'm glad he's moved on to other playthings.

Can your orange sweater be salvaged? I think all of us have a laundry disaster story.

Chris said...

Woe the sweater! Woe!

Remember my 2006 Olympic sweater? From the lovely Brooks Farm wool and silk? Laundry disaster. *sniffle*

Yay for that particular change in Malcolm!!

mrspao said...

Maybe you could make it into a cushion? What a shame :(

Michelle Martino said...

Lovely things on your horizon!

Bridget said...

OH NO! That sucketh about the sweater - maybe the cushion idea would work?

Kudos to Malcolm for giving up on his unpleasant habit.

Hope the dampness goes away - arthritic knees make it hard to enjoy anything.

Nicole said...

Woe! I hope there is some way to fix the sweater into something useable.

I too have too many projects on the needles. However, yours all look like much larger projects than most of mine...

miyamojo said...

I'm glad Malcolm is doing well & finding other things to play with.

Hope the weather gets better fast so you'll be your perky self again! :)

What a bummer finding that orange sweater shrunk. ugh!

Sonya said...

I am so behind on blog commenting, but SO glad to hear Malcolm has outgrown the poop-as-a-toy phase!

I'm so glad the henna worked you! I just ordered some casia to try to turn my grays into golden blond highlights. I hope it works because I cannot abide these gray hairs.

Mundi said...

Glad to hear that you have repaired the Fulmar cables. I can sympathize as I have made the very same error on my Fulmar ... not once but TWICE !!
Mundi

Brenda said...

How too bad about the sweater!

Glad Malcolm has changed his ways, although what that means about the effects of testosterone I don't want to consider.

You need to rent a few good movies to get through all the stocking stitch.

prashant said...

I think all of us have a laundry disaster story.

your healthy choice

Carrie K said...

Oh noes!!! Hateful laundry for not noticing in time. Are you supposed to do *everything*?

I don't suppose he left the poop tidily somewhere either, did he? Little pill.

Um, monogamy? What is that?

Anonymous said...

Laundry is evil.

Cogratulations Malcolm on graduating from poopdom. Of course I must admit, I have played with kitty poop myself when I was about 6, I thought the boys had just left some lincoln logs in the sandbox. To my mother's annoyance, they were not lincoln logs.