Sunday, August 15, 2010

It's Been a Year?!!

Hi Everyone!!!! Guess what?!! IT WAS MY FIRST BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY!!!!!!

Look at how small I was! And cute! Boy, was I ever an adorable little gaffer. Still am, really.

My first year was fun! And confusing too. At times, I thought my name was "ow, dammit Malcolm!", and "Nerf-Ball cut it out!", but I soon learned. I have awesome big brothers and sister. They taught me how to be a big grown up kitty. Not sure why, being a little kitty is a whole lot of fun! Just look at what I got into!

"WHEEEEEEEEEEHEEEEHEEEEE! Look at me Mom!"

And then I found this really cool thing called a "sink". Sometimes there's stuff in there, and I can play around with it and it makes all kinds of neat noises!

"I wonder what this does...?"

After Mom saw me there, I thought my name was "WTF! Malcolm!". It's confusing when you're little, you know.

Anyhoo. Then, I figured out how to jump up on to the table! Mae wasn't too impressed at first, she's was all - stay on your side, dweeb - but I won her over. I'd lie like this, and make googly eyes at her.

"...*plink plink plink*...hi Mae..."

But, when I'd have a bad dream, or sometimes just because, I'd go find my big brother Gandalf, and he'd make it all better! Not like Mom-all-better, but like, just well, better.

Of course, Atticus is pretty awesome too.

And Mae too, when she thinks no one is looking.

So you see, I'm pretty lucky. And happy! Everyone says I'm cute and funny and sweet and stuff, I have a cool Mom who loves me, brothers and a sister who love me, lots of friends, I get to eat yummy food, and I get a bedtime snack too! I get to snuggle on my Mom's tummy, usually when she's knitting. Even though I have toys, I used to play with poop. But I don't any more! And Mom seems to like that I don't. But I still think spiders and toilet paper are pretty neat to play with!

OK! So, yay me! I'm one!

I kinda need a nap now. This is my favourite spot to sleep! Mae says I snore, but I say she's a gassy McFartysons. Hee hee...

Bye everyone! Thanks for stopping by, and being so nice to me all year! I promise I'm gonna have lots more pictures for you.

Love,

Malcolm

14 comments:

pendie said...

you're so awesome Malcolm; happy birthday little one. Keep doing those wonderful tricks that makes your mommy so happy to have you!!

Chris said...

Happy birthday, Malcolm! *sniff* I remember when you were just a little fluffball, going to your first vet appointment...

life ldc said...

A whole year already - Happy Birthday Malcolm! Lackie says he's love to come and play with you because he's just a year old too....hmmm, not sure how that would work out LOL!!!

Lorraine said...

Happy birthday, you little marmalade dude.

Kitten-Chow

Michelle Martino said...

awww... Happy Birthday Malcom! You keep getting cuter and cuter :)

miyamojo said...

Happy Birthday Malcolm! You have the best life ever! and the best family ever! Lucky you!

That picture of you climbing the window screen makes me giggle every time. You're so awesome! :)

Rebekah said...

Well you don't look a day over 9 months. And probably don't act a day over 3 months.

Bridget said...

Hooray, Malcolm! I'm so glad you are having such a good time, and that you have such a wonderful family. Tell your mom to give you scritches from me.

Jetsam says Happy Birthday!!

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday, Malcolm! You are a very lucky kitty to have such a wonderful home.

Carrie #K said...

HNappy belated birthday, Malcolm!! (I see the misspelling but it's cute) - I didn't realize we shared a birthday!! I hope you got cake too.

Nicole said...

Happy birthday, Little Dude! Here's to many more!

Sonya said...

Awwww... little Malcolm is all grown up! Thankfully that playing with poop thing was just a phase. Happy birthday, little dude!

life ldc said...

Hi Brigitte -- re biking -- I'm nervous enough going around our rural block here -- I can't imagine biking in Torontoo.....maybe you'll get out when the weather gets cooler?

Anne

knitseashore said...

A very happy and belated birthday to you Malcolm. I lovveee your photos, but then, I am sweet on red kitties. :)