We are getting our collective asses whuped by a huge snow storm!
Another view, outside my back door. Can't see too clearly? Looks blurry? That's the snow. Don't get me wrong - I love falling snow, but not when there's a ton of it, and it's windy... and is that thunder I'm hearing? Definitely a day to stay INDOORS. Once it's all said and done, we should get around a foot and a half of snow. Some areas, even more. So, definitely a day to stay in, whittle down my "To Do" list, and knit, of course.
Let's see how I've been managing so far:
* Booked train ticket? OK. Um, train is sold out...who knew stuff like that happens around Christmas time? But I have made other creative arrangements.
* Clean? Wha'? *cough*
* Arrange kitty-sitter? Although I had some interesting offers (Atticus with Lorraine, Mae and Gandalf with Tracey), I figured it would be easier if I asked my friend Raven to come by. Um, she's a bit closer than Mississauga and Pennsylvania.
* Wrap stuff? Nope. One word - "Gandalf".
* Do I have stuff to wrap with? Yup.
* Pack the Christmas stuff? Oh, that's funny. Try the morning I leave.
* Knit something for Finnegan? Um, not yet...
* Finish my Christmas knitting? Yes, no, almost, yes and almost. And let me tell you? The first "almost"? I had barely 2" of contrasting yarn left over after I cast off. How's that for cutting it close? Heh heh... The 2 last ones are extra knitting projects I'm making for my SIL's parents. Not to jinx anything...but wow, I think I may just do it... Except for the "no" one. Recipient, a non-knitter, will be able to experience to joy of opening a box of yarn! And peeps, we ALL know what an experience that is!
This week - yearly physical, finish knitting, clean, pack my stuff... Yikes! My shopping is 95% done, and...and...oh, I have got to get more organized next year. Then again, I say that every year... Oh, and "work" in between all of that. Which did NOT leave me alone all week. I had hoped it would calm down? I had obviously misplaced my hope...
"I don't care about some snow storm, cousin Finnegan told me that you're going to visit him?? Does that mean you won't be here? With me? I mean, us? I don't recall you clearing that with the Kitty Counsel."
I'm still trying to figure out what to take with me while I'm away... I'm thinking probably Delores, and maybe (maybe...) Western Seas as the easy project. I'm pushing 2 years since I started it, a measure of time that doesn't make me too happy. It's a Starmore dammit. For shame Brigitte. *hanging head in shame*
I'll be glad when I can pick up my knitting again.
What about everyone else? At least let me see what you're knitting!
Have a good one everyone! And stay safe and warm in this awful weather.