So, there's good news, and not so good news.
This is the start of the Summer of Socks '08 pattern, created by Wendy. I'm using some Henry's Attic sock yarn that was dyed 'specially for me by Chris (awww!). Because of the mesh pattern, it kind of looks a bit twisted, but it's such a pretty pattern, and is perfect in pink. What you can't see is the total mess I made of the heel...so it's a good thing no one will see that part. The heel flap is going much better.
The back, completed. A very simple, and very quick knit. I just love this shade of red, although it doesn't photograph well. Or, it could just be me.
And I have an FO! Wheeeee!
Columbia! All done and blocked. And tried on - no modelled shot as it's a wee bit too warm for that. It fits beautifully, although the sleeves are a bit long (but that's always the case with sleeves...).
I knit it using Jamieson's Aran yarn, 9.5 skeins of Chartreuse, using size 5mm needles. Columbia is from AS' "American Portraits".
However. Here's the bad-ish news:
Don't adjust your monitors! Do you see what I see?? No need to be polite, you can say it.
"Brigitte, what is that off-colour section at the bottom, starting at the hem??"
Why - that would be the one skein that, even though all from the same dye lot - is lighter than every other skein. The only one out of ten.
Yes, I cried. Yes, I swore.
*sigh* I still love it, and am pleased with the way it turned out. Except for that one area that sticks out like a sore thumb... A really bashed up, bruised and mangled thumb.
It will be an outdoor sweater.
"Forget about it! Do the meme instead! While I lie here."
From my lovely friend Carrie K. -
Rules: You must answer the questions using only one word.
1. Where is your cell phone? Um...
2. Your significant other? Um...
3. Your hair? Long
4. Your mother? *sniff*
5. Your father? Absent
6. Your favorite thing? Yarn
7. Your dream last night? None
8. Your favorite drink? Mojitos (what?)
9. Your dream/goal? India
10. The room you’re in? Quiet...
11. Your hobby? Knitting (duh...)
12. Your fear? Snakes
13. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Travelling
14. What you’re not? Itchy
15. Muffins? Gluten-free
16. One of your wish list items? Maid
17. Where you grew up? Ottawa
18. The last thing you did? Sleep
19. What are you wearing? Jammies
20. Favorite gadget? MP3
21. Your pets? Funny
22. Your computer? Black
23. Your mood? Upbeat!
24. Missing someone? Yes
25. Your car? None!
26. Something you’re not wearing? Watch
27. Favorite store? Um...
28. Like someone? Heehee!
29. Your favorite color? Blue
30. When is the last time you laughed? Morning
31. Last time you cried? ...Columbia...
"Well, if you're really that bummed about Columbia, you could always pass it on to us. You know. To lounge on and stuff. Just sayin'."