Friday, March 23, 2007

Happy Birthday Baby Mae!

Happy Birthday Baby Mae! My little fluffy girl is 8 years old today! Here she is on her first day with us, at 7 weeks old.


And meeting her big brother Atticus for the first time. We shall not speak of his slender physique back then... He sniffed around her a few times, shrugged his shoulders and decided she could stay. I adopted her through a lady at work.


She continues to be a joy to have around. Loving, sweet and tough when she needs to be, she's always been mild-mannered and gentle. She loves to have her tummy rubbed, and her ears scritched! Unlike Atticus, she's quite the hunter. Now, keep in mind I live in an old Victorian house - so the fact I get the occasional mouse is not unusual. In 9 years, I've only had 2, and both were stalked and caught by my little Mae. Atticus just lay on the couch like a slug, watching the action...


Atticus is less than a year old than she is, and they both share the same Kitty Mom.


"Happy Birthday Mae! You're the best big sister ever!" - Gandalf

"Happy Birthday Mae! Yeah, I guess letting you stay was a good thing..." - Atticus

15 comments:

Marina said...

Happy Birthday, Mae. May you have many, many more!

Poor Atticus! He seems to be suffering the same fate as me ;-) Maybe we can go on a diet together!

Chris said...

Happy birthday, Mae!! Aw, I love those pictures of her as a kitten - so fluffy!

My Little Room In The Corner said...

What a good Kitty Mom you are, even if you shirt and pants don't match! LOL This is a fun post and great pics to boot.

Lorraine said...

Bridge- Mae is adorable. Happy birthday and many more to you!
Atticus is perfect as he is, so handsome and manly.

I loves him.

Sonya said...

Happy birthday, Mae! What a cutie kitten you were.

Carrie said...

So sweet! Great pics of the cats. Happy Birthday! Enjoy the cake! You are making cake, right?

Sachi said...

Kitty love!!!

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday, Mae! You're a pretty cat and were a very cute kitten. I'm glad you keep your brothers in line!

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy Birthday Mae! I would sing to you, but I saw how that went over.

No wonder you're such a pretty cat! You were a bee-yoo-ti-ful baby!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mae! You were such a cute little kitty but now you're all grown up. :sniff: I hate it when they all grow up.

DeeAnn said...

Happy belated Birthday Mae!
She is such a cutie Brigitte :)

Nicole said...

Happy birthday, Mae! Your mommy is lucky to have such a wonderful girl like you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mae!

Anonymous said...

Happy, happy birthday, Baby Mae! I adore these pics!

Anonymous said...

Awe, the "cuteness level" is high on this post! Adorable kitties!