Thursday, May 03, 2007

Distractions

Because my batteries are kaput, and I'm unable to take knitting type pictures, I instead give you this AWWWWWW moment:

No no no! I haven't gone and gotten another few kitties (but c'mon...ahhhnnnn!). Gandalf's foster Mom Raven from the Annex Cat Rescue gave me a CD just chock full o' cute baby pictures of the little goof. I'm saving a few more for his birthday later this month, but I thought I'd show this one. He's the little one squeezed in next to the orange kitty, second from the right.


The Annex Cat Rescue do great work here in Toronto, rescuing kitties, feeding and rescuing feral colonies, and of course, spaying and neutering as well. Raven took in this knocked-up street Momma, and was working at home the day she delivered the baby kitties. She helped take care of them, took them to the vet, and fed the runts (including my little Gandalf); and made sure they all found good homes, including Mom. And she has a full time job, and a family!! It's great volunteers like Raven that really make the Annex Cat Rescue work so well.


Oh, OK! Here's another cutie picture:

*blink blink blink*

More to come!

There is knitting! Amphora has almost one full sleeve! Wow! Imagine how nice it looks...ooooo...

And, I will admit to having started something new. Oh yes. A little cardigan being knit in some Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk DK in a lovely shade of green. Why? Oh, because I can. And because this is one yarn I've loved since I purchased it, and stares out at me from it's Ziploc XXL storage bag, pleading to be worked. OK!

I will post pictures next time around.

And thanks to everyone who left such nice comments on my new job! Thanks everyone, it's so wonderful to know you have so many rooting for you. And Gandalf promises NOT to get into any more trouble. Although when he does I end up posting it, and then he gets all sorts of fun comments from his lady friends - May and Suzy and Lucy ... and I think I'd better keep a better eye on the little ladies man...

15 comments:

Lorraine said...

AAAWWW- Isn't he adorable.

I've always wanted a ginger kitty- Chowchops would never allow it.

No fair telling us about something and not giving a visual.

Sonya said...

There is literally nothing cuter than kittens! Irresistible.

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I want 'em all!

Marina said...

Awww! Too, too cute, with his eyes wide open and hair, all sticking out!

Did that sleeve go a bit faster?

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, he's so cute! Squashed in there like that and then looking up at you. Awwww.

Green, eh? Pretty! Those ziplock bags are a little dangerous. It's not out of sight, out of mind. They're right there. Begging you to knit them....

Chris said...

LOL - posting baby pictures of him isn't going to stop the ladies from going ga-ga over Gandalf! Quite the opposite. That second picture is fabulous - look at those big feet!

Anonymous said...

Your kittens are lovely !!!

Raven said...

Aw shucks B. *blush*

Of course, it's Gandalf's _real_ mom who should take all the credit for the great guy he is today. (That's YOU!)

Thanks so much... :)

[I deleted the above comment due to an embarrassing typo. I hate it when I spell names wrong...]

Anonymous said...

Lord knows what kind of stunt he will try to pull next just to get some more fan mail.
I lurv that pic of his big green eyes. So sweet!

Nicole said...

Ma'am, can Gandalf come out and play? Please?

~Suzy

Anonymous said...

I just love all the kitty cuteness. Gandalf is sooo cute!! How DARE you post about Amphora but post no photos!

Brenda said...

Awwww...Baby Gandalf was so cute! He couldn't have grown up to be naughty. You must be making that part up Brigitte.

Anonymous said...

My gosh, the cuteness!!! Both pics gave me that "AWWWWWWW" moment indeed - but especially the latter! These eyes!!! This cute little furry face!!!!

Anonymous said...

I confess. I am a lurker and enjoy reading about your knitting and cats. They are beautiful. Can I ask where you got the Ziplock storage bags in TO? I can't find them and even called the manufacturer. All they would do was tell me who orders products from them ..but not necessarily the big storage ziplocks.

Thanks.

Amelia

Marji said...

OMG, I thought they were multiplying there when I first saw the "awwwh" pic. what a cute bunch of fur.

ok, which DB cardi are you starting? Is the green that wonderful teal-ly green? Pics, even if it is irritating, we need pics.