Sunday, May 25, 2008

Dog Days

It was a lovely time in St. Catharines. The wisteria and lilacs were starting to bloom, and everything was green and refreshing. Nice after a long, long winter. And if you needed more proof that warmer weather was close at hand - a little surprise waiting for me on my sister's back deck.

A robin's nest with 4 squawking baby robins! If you look closely, you can see the fuzz on one of their little wee heads.

It's amazing how quickly they grew. In 4 days, the went from fuzzless little rubbery balls, to having wings and feathers, and being able to see their heads from the top of the nest. Mom and Dad birds spent their days catching worms and other...gross...stuff.

Yum.

Finnegan acting shameless. A small dog...a large cat...pretty much the same.

Here's Finnegan sleeping another one off. He's somehow managed to wedge his head under his favourite Sheepie (um, yes, that would be from me. Yes. It's a sheep.).

It may have rained, but that's OK. I had a great time, full of yummy eats and good laughs! It's great to get away and spend time with Finnegan and his Moms. And it's also nice to come home!



"Hey, you're back. Well woop-dee-do."


I was well received, despite the long-ish absence...

And while I was away - a little someone had a birthday!



Look at how tiny he was!


"Happy birthday to me...happy birthday to me...lalalalalalalala...and I look like one too..."


And as far as knitting... I did finish my first Mork sock, and got started on the second one. I also made good progress on my Twice as Nice t-shirt, however I'm growing less and less fond of the colour. Stay tuned for that one...

Finnegan is pooped out after my visit. You know, the life of cat and that of a dog - pretty similar in some ways.

Next post - I'll show off some gifties from Lorraine, as well as my flowers. And hopefully an FO. Hopefully...

12 comments:

Michelle Martino said...

Those flowers are breath-taking! Wonderful photos! thanks for sharing :)

Marina said...

What's wrong with Finnegan? Doesn't he know that he's supposed to remove the insides of stuffed toys?

Happy (belated) Birthday! Hope you got lots of presents from your Mum.

Lorraine said...

Bridge- Finnegan is a hoot.

I had fun yesterday. You really must stop twisting my arm- and holding that rifle to my head to make me buy stuff.

Atticus is a schmutzer of the highest order.

Shannon said...

Ohh I want lilacs in my yard now! Happy birthday, Gandalf!

Chris said...

Mayhem says, "Happy birthday, Gandalf, you older man, you!"

Looks like you had a lovely getaway. :) Oh oh, doesn't sound good for the Twice As Nice...

Anonymous said...

Birdies! Cute.

Aw, Finnegan being cuddled by his pet sheepie. He's supposed to lay on them, or as Marina points out, disembowel 'em.

Gandalf is so cute! Look at the innocent little kitten. Where was Mae?

Bridget said...

What beautiful flowers - makes you convinced that it is actually spring!

Finnegan is so cute, it makes me want to scream! And apparently his hosting duties really wore him out ...

That kitten picture - oh my God ...

miyamojo said...

I would have taken Finnegan home with me! :) What a cutie dog! What a wonderful trip, complete with baby robins!

Happy Birthday Gandalf! You're still cute! :)

Nicole said...

Happy birthday, Gandalf! Though... you look like one what?

Sonya said...

Such pretty flowers! And Finnegan is so cute. How do you stand it? Happy birthday to Gandalf! What an innocent looking little kitten he was.

knitseashore said...

Happy Birthday Gandalf! If I had seen you like that, it would have been love at first sight.

Oh, maybe I shouldn't have told him that? I'm sure he already knows how wonderful he is.

Anonymous said...

Gandalf was such a cute kitty!! Now he's a cute cat! Happy belated birthday. You really gotta watch Auntie Lorraine. She'll spoil your fur babies rotten.